Tuesday, October 11, 2011

SHY DRAGERS

My mother..."Mother Mary" as the kids call her, was diagnosed with Shy Dragers earlier this year.  It has been disappointing to find that so little has been published about Shy Dragers Syndrome or Multiple System Atrophy.  I personally do not like surprises.  Having a glimpse into what the future might bring certainly won't change the course of events.  But it can definitely help prevent that feeling of being completely blind-sighted, and it allows us to mentally arm ourselves with an appropriate response.   Preparation always trumps retrospect.

I felt unprepared to care for Mary, since I could not find detailed information on the progression of Shy Dragers.  These entries, therefore, are my observations of Mary as Shy Dragers progressed.  I hope that they will be beneficial to all of you who also do not like surprises.  I believe that knowledge is empowering; allowing us to handle circumstances with wisdom and grace.  Nobody likes to be caught off-guard.  Some of us just don't think that fast on our feet.   So...here we go... Watching Mary and Watching Shy Dragers.

No comments:

Post a Comment